Hello, FattoSkinny.com readers! Today, we’re putting a healthy spin on a kitchen staple – bread. Our recipe for Almond Flax Bread is a nutrient-dense alternative to conventional bread and is perfect for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet.
Loaded with the goodness of almond meal and golden flaxseed flour, this bread is a powerhouse of proteins, healthy fats, and fiber, all of which are essential for a balanced diet. To add some sweetness without the extra carbs, we’re using Xylitol, a low-glycemic sugar substitute.
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup yeast (red star)
- 4 cups Now almond meal flour
- 1 cup golden flaxseed flour
- ¼ cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup Xylitol
- Begin by spraying a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. This prevents the bread from sticking to the pan and allows for easy removal once baked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the hot water and yeast. Let this mixture sit for about 6 minutes to allow the yeast to bloom.
- Now it’s time to add your flours. Using a dough hook attachment on your mixer, add the almond meal flour, golden flaxseed flour, vital wheat gluten, salt, and Xylitol to the yeast mixture. Mix on low speed until a dough ball forms.
- Transfer the dough into your prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Cover it with a towel and let it rise in a warm place for 1 ½ hours.
- While your dough is rising, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the dough has risen, bake your loaf for about 60 minutes, or until it turns golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Turn off your oven but leave the bread inside for an additional 10 minutes. This allows the bread to finish cooking in the residual heat and keeps it from drying out.
- After the additional 10 minutes, remove your bread from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack.
- It’s essential to let your bread cool completely before slicing. This step is crucial for the structure and texture of your bread.
And there you have it – a loaf of delicious, low-carb Almond Flax Bread!
TIP: This bread is perfect for sandwiches or simply toasted with a slather of butter or cream cheese. Because it’s made with nutritious ingredients, it’s a great way to start your day or as a filling snack.
Remember, healthy eating doesn’t mean boring or bland. Keep following FattoSkinny.com for more delicious and healthy recipes. Happy baking!