Welcome back to the kitchen, my health warriors! Today, we’re going to take a delicious detour to the vibrant world of Mexican cuisine, without compromising our “fat to skinny” journey. Our star of the day is a low-sugar, protein-packed Chicken Enchilada with Sour Cream and Guacamole that you can quickly whip up at home.
- 1 cup left over cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup enchilada sauce (low sugar)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Ripe chopped tomato for garnish
- Small piece purple cabbage for garnish
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 La Tortilla tortillas
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup guacamole
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of cooked chopped chicken, ½ cup of enchilada sauce, ¼ cup finely chopped onion, ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to make sure every ingredient is generously coated.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of enchilada sauce each into two baking dishes. This creates a flavorful bed for our enchiladas and prevents them from sticking.
- Split the chicken mixture into two separate servings and place in the center of the two tortillas. Roll up the tortillas tightly and place seam side down in your baking dishes.
- Spread another tablespoon of sauce over each enchilada. Then sprinkle ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of each. This will give our enchiladas a delectable, cheesy crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and add a generous dollop of sour cream, then guacamole on top. The creamy, tangy flavors will compliment the rich enchilada beautifully.
- Garnish with a piece of fresh tomato and a piece of purple cabbage for that extra crunch and freshness.
- Serve with a green salad for a complete, nutrient-dense meal.
PRO TIP: Cook this recipe in individual baking dishes, prepare extras, and freeze uncooked inside individual bakeware for a fast easy meal during those busy weekdays.
And there you have it! A delightful, healthy, and easy Chicken Enchilada with Sour Cream and Guacamole that’s perfect for dinner any night of the week. Remember, every step we take towards healthier eating habits is a step away from being fat and a step closer to being skinny. Until next time, keep up the good work, and enjoy your culinary journey to health!