Hello, FattoSkinny.com community! Are you ready to explore another scrumptious and healthy recipe? This time, we’re whipping up a delightfully nutty and flavorful Low Carb Walnut Bread that will make your taste buds sing while keeping your health goals on track.
Made with almond flour, golden flax flour, and chopped walnuts, this bread is loaded with protein, healthy fats, fiber, and essential nutrients. It has a low carb count and is sweetened with Xylitol, making it a perfect choice for those on a low carb or keto diet.
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups Xylitol
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups “NOW” brand unblanched almond flour (do not pack into cups, loosely pour)
- 1 cup golden flax flour to firm up dough
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, start by creaming the unsalted butter and Xylitol together until they reach a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Then, add the eggs to this mixture one at a time while continuously beating. Beat until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract for that extra hint of flavor.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, golden flax flour, chopped walnuts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. These are your dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well until you achieve a uniform batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter into two loaf pans.
- Place the loaf pans in your preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- After baking, allow the bread to cool in the loaf pans on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes.
- Then, invert the loaf pans to remove the bread and let it cool completely on the rack. Store your bread in the fridge once it’s fully cooled.
TIP: This low carb walnut bread is incredibly tasty when toasted and slathered with cream cheese. It’s an excellent breakfast option or afternoon snack that pairs wonderfully with a cup of tea or coffee.
That’s it! It’s that simple to bake your own low carb, healthy, and utterly delicious bread at home. Stay tuned to FattoSkinny.com for more delectable and healthful recipes. Happy baking!