Bonjour, dear readers! Today, we’re taking you on a culinary journey to France without leaving your kitchen. How? By preparing a classic dish – Crepes Florentine. This recipe is not only delicious but also nutrition-packed, thanks to the generous inclusion of spinach. So, let’s get started on our French adventure!
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons New Hope Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- Chopped frozen spinach
- Bertolli Alfredo sauce
Making the Crepes:
- Preheat an 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Using a stick of butter, ensure that the bottom of the pan and an inch or two up the sides are well greased.
- Mix one tablespoon of New Hope Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix, one egg, and one teaspoon water to make the batter.
- Pour a small amount of batter into the pan. Using the pan’s handle, lift and swirl the pan to spread the batter thinly across the entire bottom of the pan. Cover the pan and wait for 60 seconds.
- The crepe should now be set on top and can gently be removed from the pan onto a plate. Repeat this process until you have made all the crepes you need, stacking them on top of one another separated with paper towels.
Preparing the Filling:
- Using the same skillet, sauté a tablespoon of diced onion in butter until soft.
- Add one cup of chopped spinach (previously frozen) and ¼ cup of Alfredo sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Place a couple of heaping tablespoons of this filling into each crepe and roll up. Top with a little more Alfredo sauce when served.
TIP: Make some extra crepes and store them in the fridge between paper towels. These can easily be transformed into a delectable dessert. Simply fill them with chopped strawberries and top with ReddiWip for a delightful strawberry shortcake crepe!
And voilà, your homemade Crepes Florentine are ready to be savored! Enjoy the complex flavors and textures in this recipe – the delicate, thin crepes paired with the creamy filling and topped off with the rich Alfredo sauce. Bon appétit, and stay tuned for more flavorful and healthy recipes on FattoSkinny.com!