Hello dear readers, today on FattoSkinny.com, we’re bringing you a recipe that is not only low in carbs but also packed with nutrients, taste, and texture. The star of the recipe is none other than the superfood – avocado, which is a great source of heart-healthy fats, fiber, and various essential nutrients. So, let’s dig into our Hearty Avocado Salad with Sweet Lime Dressing!
- 1 cup mixed lettuces
- ½ cup raw fresh spinach
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper
- ½ tomato, quartered
- 1/3rd zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 slices red onion
- 1/3rd cucumber, sliced
- 2 or three broccoli florets
- 1-2 packets stevia or Splenda
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Begin by preparing a bed of your favorite salad greens, including fresh spinach leaves. Set aside.
- Rough chop all of your vegetables and arrange them on your bed of greens.
- To prepare the avocado, cut a line the full circle of the avocado lengthwise until your knife hits the seed. Then, twist the fruit until it separates in half. Scoop out the seed, and with a spoon, scoop out the fruit as if you were scooping a melon. Place the fruit in a bowl and set aside.
- For the dressing, mix equal parts of olive oil and lime juice with one packet of stevia or Splenda in a small dish. Taste for sweetness and add another packet of sweetener if desired.
- Once you’re satisfied with your dressing, pour it into the bowl holding your avocado and gently coat the fruit. Strain the dressing back into the dish. By coating the avocado with the dressing in advance, you prevent the fruit from browning, giving you time to prepare your salads ahead of lunch.
- Arrange your dressed avocado onto your greens and serve your salad with the remaining dressing.
And there you have it, your Hearty Avocado Salad with Sweet Lime Dressing is ready to be served. This salad is perfect as a quick lunch, a side dish, or even a light dinner. The crisp vegetables complement the creamy avocado, and the sweet lime dressing adds a zesty punch that will leave you craving for more. So go ahead, give this salad a try and enjoy the flavors of health and freshness!
TIP: The dressing not only adds flavor but also acts as a natural preservative for the avocado, keeping it from browning if you decide to prepare the salad in advance. Just another reason to love this recipe! Stay tuned for more delicious and healthy recipes on FattoSkinny.com!